The Algoma District in Northern Ontario has long been known for its’ breath-taking natural splendour. Its’ rugged landscapes were especially inspirational to the Group of Seven. Rich with history in logging and mining, the Algoma Region was at the forefront of industrial growth in Canada in the mid 19th century. Our Algoma Collection embodies the very essence of this region in its’ overall design. With its’ angular design cues and custom metal formed hardware, the Algoma strikes a perfect balance of form and function.
Your Furniture. Your Way.
Every piece of Handstone furniture is handcrafted – BUILT TO ORDER. We want your new furniture to be perfect.
You choose the wood, the stain and every other element that goes into making your furniture unique. We don’t start construction until we receive your order.
Select from one of the Premium Kiln dried hardwoods we work with, then select the specific stain color that suits you decor. Choose the hardware and upholstery to personalize the furniture to your own personal heirloom.
We can even make it your size.
If our standard configurations are not suitable, we can customize the item for you. We can make it wider, taller, deeper…move drawers, remove doors…whatever you desire. If basic changes are required, our easy to follow costing system is all that’s needed to calculate pricing for the revised design. If changes become more complex, a special quote will be necessary. First determine which piece in a collection meets your overall preference. With the assistance of your Handstone dealer, prepare a sketch of the desired changes including measurements. From this sketch, we’ll prepare a build sheet using our CAD system. A copy will be returned for your approval. It’s that simple.
The Options are Endless. The Choice is Yours.
- Dual lag bolt system on all legs
- 1¼” Thick tops where they over-hang
- Large rounded floor levelers
- Finished on bottom side to seal the wood
- Dovetail keys in mitered skirt corners
- Geared slides on pedestal tables
- 1¼”x3″ slides for extra strength when extended (industry standard is 1″x2¼”)
- Self-storing leaves up to 2 leaves on all standard sized double pedestal tables & harvest tables
- Tables with center extension leaves that have no seam cover on front of skirt have it on back so no light visible through seam, this is a much cleaner design
- All center leaves feature solid wood table pins.
Dining Cabinet Features
- Triple ply drawer bottoms for added strength
- Four corner English dovetailed drawers
- Full extension ball bearing drawer glides
- All drawers custom fitted
- Stained and varnished interior drawers
- Glued and inset drawer bottoms
- Glued & dovetailed miter joints
- Touch dimmer led lights on hutches
- Screwed and fitted cabinet backs
- Plate grooves on hutch shelves
- Chairs with fabric seats have 2″ thick crowned foam
- All chairs have stretchers between legs for added strength
- All chairs finished underside
- Leveled chair legs
- Solid hardwood steam bent curved parts on chairs
- Double screws or European finger joint grooves on corner braces on chairs
- Wood seats feature saddle scoops